Friday, June 22, 2012

Day +8

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs  16:9

Early this morning I began a fever of 38.8 C.  This is the equivalent of 101.8 F.  Blood was drawn to be cultures in the lab.  Later in the morning I was given a chest X-ray to check on the possibility of pneumonia.  X-ray results were negative.  Early culture readings proved negative, but they will be allowed to grow an additional 5 days to make sure no bacterial infections are present.   In the meantime, I have been put on antibiotics as a precaution.  My latest temp. reading was 38.1 C. which is 100.5 F.  This development is not unexpected.  The grafting of new cells in my body causes such a fever to develop.

The next couple of days will probably mark the ending of my valley walk to which I referred yesterday.  My nausea persists;  my sore throat remains about the same as to level of discomfort;  I expect the antibiotics to keep the fever under control;  and I expect further developments to be under God's control for "...He is with me;  His rod and staff they comfort me."  Psalm 23:4.

Today's numbers are:  WBC:  0.1 (for a 3rd day);  Hemoglobin:  8.8;  and Platelets:  22.  Within the next couple of days, the WBC should start to go up.  For the Hemoglobin a reading of 8 or lower will trigger an infusion.  A 10 or lower reading for Platelets will also trigger an infusion.  Infusions are not unexpected and are part of the process.  Just depends upon the person.

Today was a day of rest for me.  Dr. Ayash said that I have been doing wonderful as far as exercising is concerned and if I wanted to take a day off from walking and biking I could do so.  I decided to take the doctor's advice.  I look forward to the days ahead without fear because God has made me;  I am one of His, a sheep of his pasture.  I am thankful to Him and bless His name.  He is good;  His mercy is everlasting;  and His truth endures to all generations.  (Psalm 100: 3-5).

Next:  Day  +9


No comments:

Post a Comment