Monday, June 25, 2012

Day +11

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9


Greg left early this morning for Colleen's because the pool man was scheduled to come open the pool between 9:30 and 10:00.  Good thing he left shortly after 8:00.  The pool guys were there at 9:35.  Greg called and said the pool is open; is being filled; and the heater is on so it will be warm when Colleen arrives later this week.

In the meantime, two visitors arrived unannounced.  Surprise!  Surprise!  My brother, Howie, and his wife, Audrey, drove up from Tennessee to say "Hi!"  Greg knew they were coming but said nothing because they wanted to surprise me.  Had a fun time talking with them for most of the day.  They left mid-afternoon.  Howie has to be to work tomorrow night.  They picked a good day because I am feeling much better.

My numbers help explain why I am feeling good.  My WBC:  2.2 (normal range starts at 3.5);  Hemoglobin:  8.4 (a tick up);  and Platelets:  12.  Woo!  Hoo!  Come on stem cells!!  Praise God for His grand design and wonderful creation!!!

A nurse practitioner came into my room this morning and said I would probably be discharged this afternoon.  So soon?!  Wow!  Relax, this joy and jubilation was short-lived.  Dr. Ayash arrived and said there was a disagreement between she & her colleagues, and the radiologist regarding what my 2 sets of X-rays showed.  The radiologist insists the X-rays indicate the presence of pneumonia.  Dr. Ayash and team don't see these indications reading the same X-rays.  So, how to solve this professional dispute?  I was scheduled for a CAT scan, the results of which will be available tomorrow.  In any event, Dr. Ayash believes I'll be able to go home (to Colleen's) tomorrow.  If pneumonia is present, I'll be released with an antibiotic to take.  I have to return 3 days later anyway and another look can be taken if necessary.  Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion to this medical debate:  Dr. "A" vs. The Radiologist.  Who do you think is right?

Tomorrow:  Exciting Day  +12


Doing today what I love doing


Feeling good working on my "Chemo" quilt


No comments:

Post a Comment