Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day +1 out of hospital

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

What a joy to sleep late this morning.  No 4:30 a.m. vitals reading and blood draw.  Still woke up a few times at night though.  Am drinking quite a bit of liquid during the day per doctor's orders and what goes in must come out - day and night.   Felt great being able to shower without my IV bag/pump pole tethered to me.  Still am feeling a bit fatigued and did rest/sleep quite a bit during the morning hours.  My appetite still is not what it used to be.  The doctors said that food won't be on the top of my things- to-do list for quite a while yet.  The chemo does quite a number on the taste buds so the flavor of foods could take up to 3 months to return.  Rough way to go on a diet, but the outcome might be worth it.

My sister, Lois, and good friend, Mary, drove over from Grand Haven/North Muskegon for a visit.  We spent most of the afternoon talking and playing cards.  Fun to see them.  After they left I stretched out on the couch and fell asleep for awhile as Greg drove to a Meijer a few miles away to pick up the last of my prescriptions.  Have a few pills to take over the next several days and weeks.  I don't like pills, but I dislike being attached to an IV pole even more, so I will put up with gulping a few pills/day.

Tomorrow Colleen and her two daughters arrive here from Cairo, Egypt.  Will be fun to see them.  The pool is filled and warmed for them so they can go swimming.  The temp is forecast to be in the triple digits tomorrow, so I am sure a dip in the pool will be enjoyable.   I am not supposed to swim in pools for awhile, but, fortunately, the house is air conditioned.

Even though I've slept quite a bit today, I'm getting ready to hit the hay for tonight.  I'll write more tomorrow concerning my stem cell recovery journey.  I praise God and continue to follow in His steps.

Next:  Day +2 of recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment