Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day +2

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.   Proverbs 16:9


Just finished riding the exercise bike for 10 Km. (6.2 mi).  Walked 1 mile and biked the equivalent of 1.25 miles during the day.  Exercise is important for recovery during this process and praise God, I'm feeling good enough for physical activity.

Had just one nauseous moment.  Lunch was brought and as the turkey sandwich approached my mouth, my mind took umbrage and enlisted the assistance of my stomach at expressing displeasure concerning this diet choice.  But I persevered and managed to complete most of my lunch and later dinner selections.

Regarding the other unpleasant side effect, Immodium has been added to my pharmacy list.  This appears to be having its expected affect.

My numbers on Day +2 are:  WBC:  0.5;  Hemoglobin:  8.4;  and Platelets:  48.  These lower readings are expected and welcome.  The WBC will remain extremely low for the next four days.  On the 6th day Neupogen will be injected encouraging the development of WBC and bringing their count up.  If and when my Hemoglobin falls below 8.0, I'll be given a blood transfusion which is not an unexpected consequence of this procedure.  Should my Platelets fall below 10.0, I will also receive an infusion of these as well.  Since my WBC are so low, Greg and I have to be sure to wash our hands frequently with both soap and antibacterial liquid to help prevent exposure to germs and resultant infections.  Any visitors during this period must be healthy.

As I think about what is happening within my body I am reminded of Psalm 139:14.  "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  Thank you, God!

Next...Day +3


No comments:

Post a Comment