Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day +12

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

And the winner is---Dr. Ayash & colleagues!!  The radiologist had insisted that the 2 sets of X-rays indicated a nodule;  pneumonia.  Dr. Ayash had just as affirmatively insisted that what was showing was a rib.  To break the stalemate, a CAT scan was ordered yesterday.  The results were known today.  Yep, you guessed it...a rib.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a rib than pneumonia.  Besides, a rib is much more functional.  (Didn't God do something special with a rib?)

That problem having been solved, the decision was made to DISCHARGE! me today.  I am now resting comfortably at Colleen's sans Picc line.  For the first time since June 14 I'll be able to sleep all night without disruption.  No vitals;  no medications;  no blood draws.  Just glorious, restful, uninterrupted sleep.  Early on in my hospital stay a nurse said,  "You want sleep?  Go home!"  Hospitals are not places of rest.  That being said, I did receive fantastic care from dedicated, loving people who made me feel as comfortable as possible.  The entire staff from house keeping to doctors were as friendly as could be.  When I left, more than one staffer invited us to come back as visitors to say "Hi" and let everyone know how I was doing.  I'm scheduled for a clinic appointment on Friday.  I think we'll stop upstairs to say "Hello".

My numbers for today were great.  WBC:  6.6 (normal range is 3.5 - 10.6);  Hemoglobin:  8.8;  and Platelets:  15.  Friday more blood will be drawn and we'll see how the numbers are then.

God has been so faithful and good throughout my cancer journey.  I have grown closer to Him and He to me.  I know as I continue my recovery and make plans for the future that He will be directing my steps.  I have complete confidence and trust in His guidance.  I give Him all the glory for what He has done in my life thus far.  I am His child and feel completely "In His grip".

Next:  First full day out of the hospital.


Pumping me full of energy to finish my quilt


The completed Chemo Quilt


No comments:

Post a Comment