Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day +5

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.   Proverbs 16:9

Today has been a lazy day.  I awoke after a good night's sleep and immediately felt queasy.  However, this time I requested anti-nausea medicine which kept my stomach tamed.  I did not eat anything big such as pancakes, sausage, or bacon and eggs.  But I was able to keep down Honey Nut Cheerios, some fresh fruit, a frozen lemon ice, half a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, and the rest of my cinnamon crunch bagel.  Not a dietician's delight diet, but at least some sustenance.  Any supplements on which I'm short such as Potassium, Magnesium, and Calcium can be given to me via my Picc line.  I've walked 1/2 of my 16 laps thus far and soon Greg and I will walk the remaining 1/2 mile.

Dr. Ayash visited today and said I looked good and my numbers were good also.  For those keeping track, here are my numbers for today:  WBC:  0.2;  Hemoglobin:  9.4 (holding at this point for a second day which is good news) and Platelets:  107.  My WBC are at probably their lowest point which explains the nausea and fatigue.  Tomorrrow, Wednesday, Day  +6, I start receiving Neupogen injections which will stimulate the now dormant stem cells to come out of the bone marrow, look around and determine to become WBC's, Hemoglobin, and Platelets.  On or about Day +10, my WBC should start to noticeably increase which will result in me starting to feel better.

Thank you all who are praying for us.  Greg and I can feel and see your prayers working on a daily basis.  I know that having specific items for which to pray helps those who are praying, so here is a short list for your prayer checklist:  1) end to nausea  2) no sores in mouth or throat  3) no hair loss  4)  positive response to Neupogen injections with resultant increase of WBC count  5)  discharge from Karmonos sometime next week (before Dr. Ayash gets crabby)  6) continued praise and thanks to God for His guidance, protection, healing, and loving presence throughout my cancer journey.

 I pray and expect this whole experience to bring great glory to God.

Tomorrow...Day  +6

1 comment:

  1. OK, we'll be praying about these things! Thanks for the "list". Love you

    ReplyDelete