Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day +10


The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Today we celebrated two events.  Number 1:  my WBC continued going up.  Praise the LORD!  And Greg celebrated his 66th birthday.  We even had a small party with ice cream and cake.  Last week Sunday when good friends, Kathy and Bob visited, they brought with them a pound cake for the purpose of celebrating today.  Then this morning my cousin Barb called and said she and her husband Keith were in Livonia visiting their daughter and son-in-law, Betsy and Guillermo and they wanted to come visit.  We said certainly;   we've love to have them.  Upon arrival we broke out the cake and some ice cream cups which Louise had ordered with a few of her meals.  A fun time was had by all.

My numbers for today:  WBC:  0.5 (still going up!);  Hemoglobin:  8.3 ( still above 8);  and Platelets:  15 (after the infusion of yesterday).  I did feel better today and walked 16 laps (1 mile).  My biking was interrupted by our visitors so I only rode 2 kilometers instead of my planned 10.  Sure felt good to be out and about for awhile.  Only experienced one bout of nausea today.  This should continually improve as my WBC climbs.  I'm ascending out of the low, wet zone of the high wire to use Nik Wallenda and his Niagara Falls tight rope walk as an example.  My strength and health should improve on a daily basis.

A second chest X-ray was ordered today as the first one taken earlier this week suggested something suspicious.  The new X-ray showed a small amount of fluid in each lung, but not enough to have any affect on my heart or lungs.  I have no temperature suggesting no infection and my lungs sound clear when the nurses listen with their stethoscopes.  We'll wait and see what Dr. Ayash has to say when she visits tomorrow.  I'm not worried;  God is in control.

The third weekend is coming.  And Dr. Ayash said this is the weekend when she becomes crabby.  So we are looking forward to my being discharged this week,  the LORD willing.

Next:  Day +11

No comments:

Post a Comment