Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day +6

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Nausea remains a problem yet.  Today my stomach rebelled twice, but I still managed to get some food down there just to show it who is boss.  Dr. Ayash says this is an expected side effect and ordered a steroid for me tonight.  She said the majority of people who receive this steroid experience relief from the nausea.  I pray that I'm a part of that majority.

My numbers for today are:  WBC:  0.1 (can't get much lower);  Hemoglobin:  9.2;  and Platelets:  76 (trombones).  Neupogen begins tonight.  This drug will coax the dormant stem cells out of my bone marrow into my bloodstream when they will become the various cells which are low in number.  By Day +10 my WBC should start rebounding and I'll begin to feel better.  God's design of our bodies certainly is amazing and wonderful is it not?

Sleeping alone tonight.  Greg left this afternoon for Colleen's.  He'll be getting gas for the car and doing our laundry so we have enough clothes for another week.  He plans to return early so he can get a good  space in the parking garage.

Hopefully, I'll get a good night's sleep because the steroid I'm receiving has sleeplessness as a side effect.  If I'm not dealing with one side effect, I'm experiencing another.  But I'm not complaining.  God   has a plan for my life; this is part of it; and, most importantly, He is in control.  He's directing my steps and I am glad for that.


Next...Day  +7

No comments:

Post a Comment