Monday, July 2, 2012

Days +4 & +5 of recovery

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

My apologies to all.  Last night Greg and I watched two DVD movies and when I woke up, the time was for me to go to bed which I did.  Hence, no blog posting.  Sorry about that.

For the weekend I decided to start the BRAT diet.  For those uninitiated, this means I began eating bananas, rice, apple sauce, and toast.  This comes as a highly recommended food group when one's stomach is not feeling the best.  After experimentation I am just eating the BAT diet.  Seems the rice, at this time, irritates my tummy.  Greg, however, says the rice is ok.  The problem lies with the small amount of butter I asked him to add to the white rice to produce a little flavor.  Greg insists the butter produced more than a little flavor.  Maybe he's right.  So for now, rice is off the list, but the remaining ingredients appear to be agreeing with my stomach.

My appointment with Dr. V. is at 1:00 this afternoon.  I will know my day's destination - home or Colleen's - after meeting with him.  I have plans where I want to be at day's end, but I do acknowledge that God directs my steps.  He knows best and He is in control.  However, I still hope and pray to be home in Muskegon today.

The drum roll please...


Next entry:  Muskegon or Bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment