Sunday, July 15, 2012

Days +17 & +18 of recovery

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Praise the LORD, I achieved a goal!  Saturday, Greg and I attended a baptism in Lake Michigan.  One of the granddaughters of good friends, Bruce and Mary, told her parents that she wanted to be baptized by her father in Lake Michigan.  We felt honored to be invited to this special event.  Therefore, I wanted to be recovered enough to attend.  Thankfully, God had in His plan that I would be recovered enough to watch the baptism.  The ceremony went well and a young lady publicly announced her love for Christ and symbolically exhibited her life reborn.

Another waypoint was also marked on my journey of recovery.  What waypoint?  I asked Greg to remove from each bathroom an "urp" bucket.  I no longer need those items, thank the LORD.  This was a good psychological point to achieve.  I now am confident that what I eat will agree with me.

I am gradually adding activities to my recovery repertoire.  Yesterday I vacuumed the pool..  Not a hard task, but something I could do which got me outside in the fresh and hot air.  My stamina is not what it used to be, but that will improve with time.  In the meantime, I trust God for his leading and count my blessings each and every day.

Next:  Days +19 & +20 of recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment