Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Days +13 & +14 of recovery

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Sunday marked my "turn around" day.  I felt quite good;  my appetite was good;  my stomach was active in a positive way.  I even went for a walk with Greg.  However, I may have bitten off more than I could chew concerning the walk.  We strolled, round trip, 6 blocks.  When we arrived home, I immediately hit the couch and took a nap.

Monday, my appetite remained good, but my stomach was debating whether to forgo its past rebellion or persist in resisting food.  The debate continued for the day, but I still was able to eat and everything stayed where it belonged.

Tuesday was a more active day.  We drove to Hage's, a local Christian store.  I did venture inside.  The only other person in there was the clerk.  So my exposure to possible germs was minimal.  Our next stop was Di's Hallmark.  Here, because more people could be there, I remained in the car while Greg went in.  Our last stop was Meijer.  Here, I also stayed in the car because I would be exposed to way too many people in that store.  Leaving there, Greg asked if I felt up to trying one of my favorite drinks from McDonald's, an iced mocha.  I said, "Sure."  Happily, the drink did not cause any gastrointestinal rebellion.  That evening I expanded my cuisine choices by eating pork chops, red skin potatoes (skin removed), and dinner roll.  The meal was delicious and my stomach did not ask me to review my dinner choice.  Yes, I do believe I have reached a "turn around" point in my recovery.  Praise the LORD!

My doctor said to measure my progress weekly, rather than daily.  I can safely say that this current week is much better than last week.  God is good!

Next:  Days +15 & +16 of recovery


No comments:

Post a Comment