Sunday, July 8, 2012

Days +11 & +12 of recovery

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Saturday was another backward step day.  Food didn't look that appetizing and later in the day my stomach decided to remove the small amount of food I did eat during the day.  After that I felt a little better, but rather tired.  I've had to add another pill to my collection.  This one is for a yeast infection that has appeared in my mouth.  Dr. Alguire said not to panic or worry.  This is not uncommon during the recovery period.  Chemo kills fast growing cells, i.e. cancer cells, and cells in the mouth are also fast growing. Chemo is not discriminating when killing cells and a lot of collateral damage occurs such as in the mouth and stomach.  The new pill is an antibiotic aimed at removing the yeast problem.

Now today, Sunday, has been a "2 steps forward" day.  Food has looked better to me and I have eaten some of the foods which seem to agree with my stomach such as bananas, chicken soup, and crackers.  Daring additions have included orange jello and two pieces of Lee's Famous Receipe chicken which was supplied by Tom and Lois from church.  So far, so good.  Time will tell.  Tomorrow, Monday, marks my first, official week at home.  My doctor said to make week-long comparisons as to my progress.  So, tomorrow I'll make my first assessment.

An added goal this week in addition to holding down what I eat is to get up and move around more.  Greg has already offered me the opportunity to ride the lawn tractor to cut the grass rather than using a push mower.  He's so-o-o-o thoughtful.  As I eat more food, hopefully, I'll become more active.  I am praying for progress and trusting in God's leading.

To be continued...Days +13 &  +14 of recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment